Sunday 26 December 2010

Sale Scrum

Ok now I am saying this as a serious lover of all things handbags, shoes and clothes, but is it really worth facing this in the quest for that bargain bag?




The picture was taken yesterday morning outside Selfridge's flagship store, as a quite frankly unbelievable 8000 people joined the scrum to get in the store at it's 11am opening.

Thankfully this year I chose to stay in the comfort of my own home for Boxing Day, last year however was a very different story.

I waited along with thousand of others to cram inside Selfridge's Manchester as it opened in my search for a particular Marc Jacobs bag that I knew was going to have 50% off. There really is only one word I can use to describe the madness that ensued. CARNAGE.

Honestly, women can be vicious when there is Gucci at stake. Once the initial crush to get inside the store was over, two very refined looking women had a fight over a handbag that resulted in them knocking over a pretty dam heavy looking light fitting, resulting in one of them gaining a serious gash to the head, and the other a broken wrist. (Honestly at this point I would like to stress I am not joking).

They had to be carted off by paramedics. Needless to say neither of them got the bag - I bet they were gutted.

Although my experience didn't land me in hospital I did decided to play it safe this year and do a bit of online shopping instead. Did any of you brave the Boxing Day sales?

Oh and incase you were wandering here is said Marc Jacobs bag aka the battle trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment