Tuesday 1 March 2011

Oscars Fashion: A disappointing night

Despite the greatest of expectations that I held for the Oscar night dresses, I have to admit, as I was sat in the early hours of the morning, all bleary eyed but full of excitement in front of my TV set, I was ever so slightly disappointed in the leading ladies fashion choices.

Ok, so there wasn't too many complete disasters, but there were no WOW moments either, that gave me the the almost irrepressible desire to get up and lick my TV screen.

My least Favourites
The always fashionable Reese Witherspoon played it overly safe in monochrome Armani Prive


Gwyneth Paltrow looked shockingly space age, in a slash neck Calvin Klein gown that resembled molten silver. Beautiful, but dare I say it a little young for Ms Paltrow? The sparkling gown appears harsh against her tanned skin and ice maiden blonde hair.


Another complete disappointment for me was Penelope Cruz. The normally tres chic actress opted for a red L'wren Scott print dress which appeared rather bland and forgettable, almost a little cheap.



In contrast however, Amy Adams wore a L'Wren Scott dress which definitely makes it onto my list of;

Best Dresses of the Night


The midnight blue stunner, clings to Amy Adams' fab post baby figure, and perfectly complements her stunning red locks.
But then why oh why did she have to team it with the Cartier necklace and bracelet?
Both stunning in their own right, but teamed with the head to toe blue sparkles it simply looks too much and ruins the clean silhouette of the gown.
Otherwise this look would without a doubt be my favourite of the night.


Michelle Williams dazzled in Chanel Haute Couture. The short sleeved ivory number melted perfectly into her porcelain skin.


The ceremonies host Anne Hathaway made a total of eight costume changes during the shows three hour duration, and left me completely stunned with her choice of silver beaded Oscar de la Renta dress.


Styled by the one and only Rachel Zoe, this My one and only WOW moment of the night, and it single handedly reminded me why I look forward to the Academy Awards each and every year.





No comments:

Post a Comment