Friday 18 February 2011

High Street Springs into action

So the winter sale dregs are (finally) being removed from the shop floor, in order to make way for the latest spring drops, and this all led for a very exciting sight indeed as I headed out to partake in a spot of shopping earlier this week.

One of my favourite high street stores has to be Zara, they always deliver good quality garments at a reasonable price and provide wearable day-night pieces. And they don't seem to have disappointed this season as the shop floor was awash with rosy pink and caramel hues, a clear nod to the ballet inspired designs as seen at Chloe and J.Mendal.

For me where Zara excels though is in there bags and shoes, I always seem to walk out with a pair and at least another 3 firmly planted on my wish list; this week was no exception as I selected a pair of tan leather roman, wedge sandals
A new edition to zara's footwear this season is a kind of squishy sole that goes underneath the ball of your foot - I am seriously hoping this goes some way to increasing my poor tolerance to heels so I stop having to lug around spare flats wherever I go.




















The other items that caught my eye were a pair of pink ballet flats, and a gorgeous turquoise handled bowling bag. 

I couldn't quite justify buying either of these items just yet though - for now I perfectly executed my powers of restraint; there's always next week though. You can view Zara's full collection online at www.zara.com

In other news I finally got my little paws on the eagerly awaited Whistles Carrie skirt that hit stores this week. A neon pink, midi-length, chiffon piece of heaven that manages to encapsulate the spirit of spring/summer in a single stretch of fabric.

At £95 it's not exactly cheap, but is a snip compared to the £500+ that you would pay for one of the coveted Jill Sander versions.
The skirt provides an easy way to incorporate the neon trend into your daily wardrobe - if like me your not blessed with model standard skin and colourings, than the vibrant shades can appear a little unflattering, the perfect solution is to restrict them to your lower half paired with a universally flattering white tee. 
The skirt and all of Whistle's beautiful collection can be found online at www.whistles.co.uk

Oh an one more thing, if you are tempted by any of Whistles offerings, and are based in the UK, this months Glamour magazine has a 20% off voucher, so go check that out first :)

No comments:

Post a Comment