Wednesday 9 March 2011

Commuun: Paris Fashion Week

One of my favourite shows from Paris Fashion Week, has to be the Commuun show.

The Parisienne based fashion house is run by two Japanese designers, Kaito Hori and Iku Furudate, although they have only shown the past two seasons, I find their shows, and their innovative way of constructing garments very exciting indeed.

Focusing on the interplay between sheer and opaque fabric, the Japanese design duo created a collection that re-invented the wardrobe staple, simply through the mixing of un-expected textures.


This black cropped jacket was given a uniquely contemporary twist, by juxtaposing the rigid matte black fabric with the oil slick-esque high shine panels. It looks gorgeous with this monochrome ensemble, but would look equally stunning dressed down on the average women with jeans and sky-high black ankle boots. 


I adore the mix of sheer and opaque fabric in this dress. Whilst this is a very simple silhouette, the contrast makes your eyes dance around the page. Obviously not the most wearable dress - I may need to hit the gym for a few hundred hours first - it looks stunning as a show piece.


This is a master class in how to make sweatpants sexy. Mix matte white trousers, with a sheer chiffon, and black wool top and you never need be ashamed when you answer the door to the postman again. 
These exquisitely tailored yet casual trousers may actually be my favourite piece from the entire collection - I literally want to reach through my computer screen and grab them of that lucy, lucky model.


The perfect cocktail dress. I wonder if we will see anyone on the red carpet in this, this year? I will be on the look out.


The final looks strayed from the monochrome structure of the rest of the show, and introduced pops of primary colour. 

All in all, this was one my surprise favourite show of the entire season; simplistic yet innovative, I only wish I had a few thousand pounds to spend on those white trousers, and black jacket. 

My only gripe? 
Why the red eyeshadow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment