Wednesday 26 January 2011

See by Chloe - Poya Satchel

Whilst casually shopping yesterday, I came face to face with my latest summer bag craving, and through pure intuition, mind reading abilities, or the rather unimaginative post title, I reckon all of you will already know just what it is :)



Taken from the See by Chloe line, the Poya Satchel hits that pefect happy medium, where b it looks smart enough to carry whilst wearing a tailored jacket and heels, yet relaxed enough to to wear with jeans, a white tee and sandals on a summers weekend. Ok, I may have got slightly carried away with the summer's weekend knowing our weather's track record, but this satchel manages all that whilst being big enough, and practical enough to carry all your daily essentials.

The understated gold hardware butter soft leather and scalloped edging give the notoriously masculine styled satchel bag, a feminine and cool twist, rendering it perfect for the summertime (again I know, but a bit of optimism never hurt anyone).

Pictured above in butterscotch leather,  the bag from Chloe's diffusion line also comes in black, tan, a beautiful nude pink and my personal fave - coral, and can be purchased on line from net-a-porter or My wardrobe. 
Priced at £355 the Poya satchel comes in at around a third of the price of the famous Mulberry Alexa, which I believe in comparison looks heavy, and perhaps even a little clunky.


The only satchel styled bag that could currently usurp the See by Chloe offering in my eyes is the Proenza Schouler PS1
The envelope flap, squared hardware and crinkly soft leather are (for want of a better word) divine, but with a £1200 price tag I fear Iwill have to dream a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment