Saturday 22 January 2011

The best of Nars

So as you can probably tell from my last post, I do love me some Nars.
Over the last couple of years I have most likely spent an awful amount of money at my nearest Nars counter, (I think its possibly for the best if I don't tot up the final amount, it could induce some involuntary purse pinching!).

So I thought I would tell you my top picks and just a few thoughts about each one.

 Sheer Glow Foundation

Retailing for about £29.50, this is defiantly a pricey choice, BUT it is possibly my all time favourite.
 It gives a natural "skin like" finish, that doesn't look cakey, yet still manages to give good coverage. All the redness on my skin is covered in just one light coat.
I find that on my dry skin it doesn't even need to be set with powder for it to last all day.
However the name is seriously mis-leading, if you purchase this wanting a sheer coverage, glowy finish foundation, you will be bitterly dissapointed. I more accurate name would be 'medium - buildable semi matte', although I don't suppose that would have quite the same ring to it!

Modern Love Palette

Nars eyeshadow palettes may be extremely pricey at nearly £40, but they provide a unique selection of shadows, all of which are super high quality, in a travel friendly compact, complete with large mirror perfect for taxi touch ups.
I was unsure as to whether to include this since it was limited edition, but I feel I must since it is one of my most used eyeshadow products ever - and I have checked and all the eyeshadows included are all available to purchase individually.


The eyeshadows included are from left to right;
  • Alhambra: shimmery peachy pink

  • Jezebel: shimmery reddish brown - perfect for making green eyes stand out

  • India Song: shimmery golden brown

  • Tokyo: shimmery silver

  • Habenera: shimmery plum

  • Pandora: possible the most pigmented matte black I have ever come across,

  • you have to be extremely careful whenn applying otherwise you could be in the awful situation wherby you somewhat resemble a racoon 10 minutes before you have to leave.

     Deep Throat Blush

    For such a risque name, this blush is surprisingly safe and wearable.
    Boadering that fine line between peach and pink, this blush delivers a gorgeous flush to the cheeks with just a subtle gold shimmer.

    In my opinion, Deep Throat provides a much nicer pop of colour than the famous Orgasm blush, which, when I tried just adds a glittery coating to the cheeks rather than any amount of colour.
    That is one thing that you have to be very careful with when purchasing Nars products, Mr Francois seems to have a bit of an affection with glitter and so if you don't pick wisely you could end up resembling a disco ball, not quite the look you want for work on a Monday morning!!

    Frisky Summer Lipgloss

    Ok Ok, I will admit that I was originally drawn to this product because of the name, (slightly shameful I know).
    I bright raspberry gloss with no shimmer, this is much more of a 'liquid lipstick', as it goes on with enough opacity to be worn alone and still provide a good amount of pigmentation.


    Many people complain about the plastic scent that comes with Nars' lipgloss, and whilst I can't deny that it is there it has honestly never bothered me one bit. Unless you are smelling directly into the tube it can't be detected one bit, and personally I find this scent much more preferable than the synthetic fruity scent that some makeup companies incessantly put into their products, (yeas I am looking at you YSL with your melon scented golden gloss, and rouge voluptes).

    And so that concluded my ultimate favourite Nars products, I am just loooking forward to trying the new Sex Appeal blush (I love the name OK), and Hollywood land creme eyshadow pencil now :).

    Have you tried any Nars products, if so what are your faves??

    No comments:

    Post a Comment