Monday 17 January 2011

Glee stars shine at the Golden Globes

So it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I do love a good awards ceremony. All the glitz, glamour, fake eyelashes, fake modesty, and over the top histrionics leads to a very satisfying evenings entertainment - and the 68th annual Golden Globe Awards, held in LA last night did not disappoint.

The Facebook film The Social Network, was the biggest winner of the night netting four prizes. But my personal guilty pleasure Glee did me proud earning three awards, (including best supporting actor for the fabulously well dressed Chris Colfer aka Kurt Hummel. Yay go Chris.)

In fact all of Glee’s faux teen cast looked fabulously well turned out last night, giving the established stars a run for their oversized pay checks.


Glee's leading lady Lea Michelle shone in a peach, ruffled Oscar de la Renta gown, accesorised with a turquoise cocktail ring. If my memory serves me correctly she has worn many an Oscar de la Renta gown of late - a very lucky lady indeed.

Both Heather Morris and Diana Agron went for nude floor sweapers to take to the red carpet in.
Personally I think Heather's figure hugging gown slightly outshines Dianna's J. Mendel selection. The colour washes out Dianna's porcelain complection and the heavy necklace seems to be fighting against the dresses wonderful simplicity. In contrast whilst Heather seems to positivly sparkle.



Jayma May's (who plays Glee's obsessive compulsive guidance councellor) ditched her characters preppy and colourful cardigans for an altogether more vampy look in black Atelleir Versace. (I do however love her characters look - I feel a seperate post about her style coming on.)

The dress hangs beautifully of her tiny frame, and is complemented perfectly by Jayma's flowing aubourn hair (has someone had extensions?), and coral lips.

My favourite dress however of all the Glee clubbers (and actually one of my favourites of the night) was Amber Riley's sequined Oliver Tarentino number.


It's hard to wear head to toe sequins without looking a little Diana Ross (trust me I have tried), but she pulls it off with aplomb, looking like a true Aretha Franklin-esque diva.


No comments:

Post a Comment